Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 11:35:14 -0600
From:      "Brian McCloskey" <bmccloskey@leader-group.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        Hugh LaMaster <lamaster@george.arc.nasa.gov>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 7895 On-Board SCSI Controller

Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.980420110501.14752C-100000@george.arc.nasa.gov> you wrote:
> >
> > Well, it has been a while now.  Any update on the status of how
> > well the 7895 code is working?  Is it kind-of/sort-of safe to use
> > now?  Several new and possibly attractive boards are using the 7895.
>
> The 7895 should work just fine if you use CAM.

I don't know if I have done something wrong or not, and I will try the -a option at the
boot prompt when I try it again, but I installed FreeBSD 3.0, and used the fixit floppy
with the CAM files to install the new kernel.  Then when I reboot, the system starts to
come up, and configures all of the devices and then at the end brings up a message like
"Reboot of the system in 15 seconds.  Press any key to abort reboot".  I can't remember
the exact message, but along those lines.  It's been a week since I've tried anything.
But for some reason I just can't get the system to boot due to this.

Does anybody have any ideas?  (could be that I need the -a option at the boot prompt,
but I don't know).

Thanks,
Brian

Brian McCloskey             | Leader Group
Consultant                  | 5200 DTC Parkway
 ph: 303-773-9700           | Suite 500
fax: 303-773-9610           | Englewood, CO 80111