Date:      Sat, 28 Apr 2012 22:10:23 -0400
From:      Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org>
To:        perryh@pluto.rain.com
Cc:        freebsd@edvax.de, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UFS Crash and directories now missing

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 3:26 AM,  <perryh@pluto.rain.com> wrote:
> Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org> wrote:

[...]

> Any chance that your base system -- rather than one of the jails --
> has somehow been cracked; maybe even that the cracker precipitated
> the crash? =A0It might be wise to restore the whole system from backup,
> the base from a moderately old one since it doesn't change anyway,
> rather than trying to recover.

There is always that possibility but I strive to keep these servers
updated, I block most ap, nigeria and russia ip blocks using updated
Wizcrafts' lists, run fail2ban and other security measures. We have a
policy of only one password and there are no users or services in the
base system other than mine. As I said in another mail I run 6 servers
and been runing FBSD for almost 7 years and this is the first time
I've seen this happen.

--=20
Alejandro