Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 11:22:09 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@inna.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        HOSOKAWA Tatsumi <hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp>, gjennejohn@frt.dec.com, chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commerical applications (was: Development and validation tools...)

If I can find the time, I would love to write something up.  I don't have
any coding skills to donate, but throw me some subject matter, and I will
see what I can do.  As an admin for an ISP whose primary mail/radius/dns
server has a 135 day uptime, I am always looking for ways to thank you
guys for the great job.

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Some FreeBSD users in Japan have wrote, and are writing FreeBSD books
> > and magazine articles (last year, people in jp.freebsd.org talked
> > about what we lack, and the conclusion is that it's good books and
> > localized documentation.  Japanese/Chinese sysinstall, Japanese
> > Handbook, and Japanese online manual are the results of this
> > discussion).  This is the list of Japanese books and magazines about
> > FreeBSD published in the fourth quarter of 1996.
> > [Long list of cites which puts American and European efforts to shame]
> > Perhaps, now what people need is good English book about FreeBSD :-).
>

> No kidding!
>
> C'mon, all you native writers of english out there, we're being
> completely shown up by jp.freebsd.org here, and they probably did more
> in the 4th quarter of 1996 than we did for the entire year!  :-)
>
> I think it's time for us to get off the stick, eh guys?  :)
>
> I will commit here and now to having an article in at least one
> well-known english language publication before Q2 of '97.  I've also
> already committed to helping Walnut Creek CDROM publish a regular
> FreeBSD newsletter (for which all contributions will be highly
> welcomed, BTW) which will be sent to all people on their mailing list
> who've ever purchased a FreeBSD CDROM.
>
> Whomever would like to join me in doing PR this coming year is more
> than encouraged to do so.
>
> 						Jordan

Jamie Bowden

Network Administrator, TBI Ltd.