Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 1999 18:50:45 -0500
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
Subject:   Definitive answer of how to upgrade from 2.2.8 --> 3.1-RELEASE?

Hello,
I hate to ask such a commonly asked questions, and I have been following the
list and have been reading every relevant posting, but I am still a bit
confused as to the exact steps on how to successfully upgrade from 2.2.8 to
3.1-RELEASE via sources.

I have read references about updating bootblocks and aout-to-elf makes, and
several other things.  I've looked at the few web sites I could find and
while they are helpful, they are not complete.

So my question is, step-by-step, how do I successfully upgrade from 2.2.8 to
3.1-RELEASE?  And also, does "make upgrade" work yet?  and if so are there
any additional steps I need to take on top of that?

If there is a web site, FAQ, etc... that someone can point me to I am more
than happy to look.  Also, is there anything in the works to add this to the
FAQ?

Thanks
-Chris