Date:      15 May 2002 22:26:29 +0100
From:      "S. Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   re: pkg_version -v  returns: succeeds port for pdksh-5.2.14

--=-sQmych4dBQnUcNGiHjJK

Hi There,
   Strange one here for me.

I've just cvsup'd my ports tree and then ran pkg_version -v and got this
for one of my installed ports:

pdksh-5.2.14                      >   succeeds port (port has 5.2.14.p2)

Never seen that before! Could someone who know more about this give an
explanation, please? Man pkg_version says this about that string result:

 >   The installed version of the package is newer than the current
     version.This situation can arise with an out-of-date index file, or
when testing new ports.

Taking both explanations for this case:
1] I always run portsdb -Uu after cvsup'ing the ports tree, I wouldn't
have thought that my Index file was out-of-date.
2] Not sure about the "testing nrew ports" either, I'm not (oknowingly)
actively testing new ports.

Suggestions?

Stacey

--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-sQmych4dBQnUcNGiHjJK

--=-sQmych4dBQnUcNGiHjJK--