Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2012 10:37:29 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
Subject:   ports: make config-recursive doesn't really

I'm trying to build a script to rebuild and reinstall everything I have installed from ports.  I don't want to have to keep checking on it and filling out the appropriate check boxes for options.  I naively assumed:

  for port in $ports
  do
    cd /usr/port/$port
    make config-recursive
    cd ../..
  done

would allow me to set up all the dependencies before continuing with the install.

It appears, however, that it doesn't really recurse properly.  I say "appears" only because this is my first time trying this and despite doing the above setting of options, I am confronted with additional options screens as the build progresses.

Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks,

Gary