Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2012 19:23:31 -0700
From:      Dennis Glatting <freebsd@pki2.com>
To:        "Soto, Ruben" <ruben.soto@amd.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Latest Opteron 6200 support?

On Wed, 2012-10-17 at 23:15 +0000, Soto, Ruben wrote:
> Dennis, This is excellent! Is there a minimum version of FreeBSD for
> these Opterons? I'm assuming V9 is what you're using, correct? Any
> 'gotchas' I should be aware of? The RelNotes didn't capture any but
> perhaps any docs on optimization may have them. Pointers would be
> ideal.

mc# uname -a
FreeBSD mc 9.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-PRERELEASE #0 r241306M: Sat Oct  6
20:41:22 PDT 2012     root@mc:/usr/obj/disk-1/src/sys/DTRACE  amd64

I am having a ZFS problem that presently appears to be related to the
LSI SAS2008 chips but it is too early to tell. I had few non-ZFS related
problems. I have three 6200 systems and have been using them for
approximately a year, more or less.

I have had two problems with the igb drivers. One is a lack of driver
support for large MTUs but works fine with the default 1500. The other
may have been my ZFS problem in disguise but it hasn't shown itself is
several months). The em0 driver worked without trouble.

Otherwise they have worked fine.