Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:38:13 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        William.Ward@ericsson.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup behind http proxy?

William Ward schrieb:

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 10:53:04AM +0200, Christoph Sold wrote:
> >

> > William Ward schrieb:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > How does one use cvsup behind a firewall?  Pretty much all we have
> > > access to is an HTTP proxy.
> >
> > You cannot. Your firewall would block the data stream the cvsup server
> > sends to your box.
>
> Thanks.  What would be the best way to keep current in this situaiton?

As described in
  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors.html
,
You can choose from CD-ROM, FTP, Anon CVS, CTM, CVSup, and AFS. Since
your firewall blocks all but HTML, and HTML is not an option, you're
hosed.

Maybe it's time to talk to your firewall administrators. Have a look at
  http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/
to learn which port to open on your firewall.

Sorry for the bad news
-Christoph Sold