Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:29:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jameel Akari <jakari@bithose.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to enable logging of machine checks?

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> On 2001-Dec-09 16:44:38 -0500, Jameel Akari <jakari@bithose.com> wrote:
> >On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> >> And, based on my decoding of the LCA memory interface, the L2 cache ECC
> >> is disabled by default.

> - Your ECC errors were RAM not cache.  Though I can't explain why the
>   74F623 would affect this.

	I'll have to burn the thing for a few hours to find out.

> - We are running different SRM's - I'm running BL5 V3.8-3

	At the time I was running Linux under ARC, which might set the
control registers differently.  I'll keep your note and play with it later
this week.  I *think* that the SRM on there might be the original
as-shipped revision.

> BTW, you can get free samples of SN74ABT623DW from TI at
> http://www.ti.com/sc/docs/products/logic/sn74abt623.html#Pricing_Samples
> This is a drop-in replacement for the 74F623 and will run cooler.

	I love free samples... I can't help but to think my sample orders
single-handedly led to NatSemi sinking into the red. ;)

	I wish I could afford to ditch the Multias entirely and play with
FreeBSD on my PWS500, but that runs Tru64 too well for me to mess with.

#!/jameel/akari
for zig in $(find / -name zig); do
rm -f "$zig"; done; export GREAT_JUSTICE=1