Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:00:54 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Calling NUT users in America (and other 110V countries)

--nextPart18753867.H2cCFLJ0zp

Does anyone have a 110V MGE Pulsar connected to NUT via RS232?

The reason I am asking is that we ship systems overseas (from Australia lan=
d=20
of 230V) and typically have the customer purchase a UPS (or arrange for one=
 to=20
be delivered to the site) and I find that I can't communicate with them usi=
ng=20
NUT.

All of the MGE UPSs we have shipped from Australia work fine, and the hardw=
are=20
and software is identical to 110V sites (Super micro C2SBA, FreeBSD 6.3).

I have talked to the NUT maintainers but they are primarily Linux oriented =
=20
and haven't yet cranked up a FreeBSD box to have a look at it.

The symptoms are that it can talk to the UPS but there are frequent drops i=
n=20
communication (very annoying as it fills the logs with crap), yet 230V unit=
s=20
work flawlessly.

I am not using USB because it was not reliable until very recently (and sti=
ll=20
reconnects alarmingly often..)

=2D-=20
are so many of them to choose from."