Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 1997 01:30:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Shaun Courtney <shaun@emma.eng.uct.ac.za>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Will 2.2.2-R run on this hardware?

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Shaun Courtney wrote:

> I'm hoping someone can provide me with some information:
>
> We would like to by a new pentium system to use with a CD-ROM writer.
>
> >From the doc on the net and the FreeBSD home page I search and found nothing
> that answers my questions.
>
> Here they are: does FreeBSD 2.2.2. (or Current...) support
>
> (i) the HP SureStore CD-Writer 6020 (/usr/share/examples/worm has 4020i)
> http://hpcc920.external.hp.com/isgsupport/cdr/pi/6020data.html

Not sure, worth a shot if it's OK with your budget.

> (ii) will it work with the ASUS P55T2P4S motherboard, it has a on
> Board Adaptec AHA7880 Ultra Wide SCSI Controller.
> http://www.asus.com/products/specs/mb/P55T2P4S-spec.asp

_NO_ problem.  If any of the ASUS boards broke there would be a war over
here.

> and lastly
> (iii) Does FreeBSD support/intent to support the MMX extensions?

I don't know if there are any MMX extensions that would actually _help_
UNIX, to be honest.  The increased Level1 cache is what helps most.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo