Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 10:14:33 -0600
From:      "Darrin R. Woods" <dwoods@netgazer.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   can't do a ps -ax

Ok, I've obviously screwed something up.  I just did a fresh install of
2.1.6, and made the following changes to the kernel:

options         "CHILD_MAX=512"
options         "OPEN_MAX=512"

options         QUOTA

I also changed UT_NAMESIZE in <utmp.h> and MAXLOGNAME in <sys/param.h> per
conversations months ago in this forum.

Recompiled the kernel and now I can't do a simple ps -ax.  I get the
following error message:

yacko: {5} ps -ax
ps: proc size mismatch (17472 total, 620 chunks)

Anyone care to tell me what I might have screwed up.  I've tried rebooting
the machine to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Darrin R. Woods                       |   dwoods@netgazer.com
Director                              |
Netgazer Solutions, Inc.              |   http://www.netgazer.net
Dallas, Texas                         |

           My employer most whole-heartedly denies everything I say