Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:43:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Isely <isely@enteract.com>
To:        Timothy Reaves <treaves@silverfields.com>
Cc:        'aic7xxx' <aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: driver / kernel ignores TEST UNIT READY command]]

Because the AIC7895 could be running a lot *faster*...  Or at least it is
probably exhibiting behavior with relative timing that is different.
That's the fun thing when one is chasing race conditions.

  -Mike

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Timothy Reaves wrote:

> 	Fine, but I'm still left asking why it is that all of his other customers
> that use the 2.4.4 kernel are having no trouble?  According to him I'm
> the only person reportedly using the AIC7895 chipset.  That is the only
> difference.
>

> Andy Kennedy wrote:
>
> > Ah yes, your friend may have been writing device drivers for 20 years, but
> > NOT ON LINUX!
> >
> > I've been writing device drivers on Linux for 8 years, and what you have
> > been told make sense.
> >
> > Andy

    POSITIVELY NO       |                             | 03 54 43 4D 75 E5 CC 92
 UNSOLICITED JUNK MAIL! |   isely @ pobox (dot) com   | 71 16 01 E2 B5 F5 C1 E8
                        |   (spam-foiling  address)   |