Date:      Mon, 12 Nov 2001 09:54:17 -0600
From:      Rick Bradley <roundeye@roundeye.net>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unknown kernel error message

* Conrad Sabatier (conrads@home.com) [011112 09:16]:
> A friend of mine is getting these lately, every time he boots his
> 4.4-STABLE box (I just cvsupped him and built a new world and kernel last
> night to see if it would help; didn't):
>
> Nov 11 22:36:10 unixpros /kernel: arp: unknown hardware address format
> (0x0800)

I had this problem once when I had a Mandrake Linux system on my
network.  IIRC either Mandrake 7.2 is sometimes doing something weird
when it constructs ARP packets.  I upgraded the Mandrake machine to
FreeBSD and the problem went away.

Rick
--
 Mostly useless pseudo-random number: 882                      (77 F)
 http://xns.org/=rick@eastcore.net  CE7E0CBE7AB9F5EAF1E34943E8EB2BA10615B6E3