Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 20:54:52 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Subject:   Re: RC test update

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 11:49:41AM -0700, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> > FYI:
> > 	DS20 booted fine off a RC cdrom
> > 	Tlaser did not boot from the CD.
> >
> > As I have no spare cycles at work to check this out at the moment I propose
> > to mark Tlaser broken in the 4.4-release notes.
> >
> > Matt, have you tried the Ames Tlaser recently?
>
> I tried it with the CDs that I made, and it worked just peachy- remember? Did
> you try it from mine? Oh, well. Screw it.

Sorry, I don't recall. Bit rot. I did not try Tlaser with your .iso,
as I was not in the office for 2 weeks and I had my hands on our 8400 only
today :)

It might be something special with the way our 8400 is configed (4 hose).
Never mind, Tlaser is not too common in the FreeBSD community anyway.

> I will likely not have any alphas at NASA/Ames to work with shortly (and
> probably won't even be there anyway)- what pathetic little 'mass storage' work
> I actually had been doing was cancelled, and the only work left that I could
> be doing there that makes any sense for me to do at all is debug scheduler
> issues on the 1024-CPU SGI Origin IRIX system. Ho-hum.

Cool.. (or rather, HOT, with 1024 CPUs).

W/