Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 2004 11:18:29 -0500
From:      Etienne Robillard <erob@videotron.ca>
To:        Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/63427: [lang/gcc33] Disabling the Java frontend at compile time

Le 27 F=E9vrier 2004 06:10, vous avez =E9crit :
> Synopsis: Disabling the Java frontend at compile time
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: gerald
> State-Changed-When: Fri Feb 27 03:02:01 PST 2004
> State-Changed-Why:
> In principle, I am in favor of such a patch, if
> - it works in both cases (which it currently does not),
> - the default is not changed (that is, java is built by default),
> - and you do not disable further languages like f77 (which you currently
> do).

> To see the problems with the current patch, please run the tests described
> in
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/porting=
=2Dt
>esting.html
>
> I am looking forward to an updated patch.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D63427

 Hi,=20

I got the following option (updated) which disallow building java code in t=
he=20
compiler :)

=2Eif defined(WITHOUT_JAVA)=20
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D	--enable-languages=3Dc,c++,f77,objc
=2Eendif

But in order to not break package building (make package), it need a way to=
=20
specify to not include (uninstalled) java files while doing the packing lis=
t.=20
I tried something like :

post-install:
=2Eif defined(WITHOUT_JAVA)=20
=2Efor j in ${JAVA_BINARIES} gcj  ...
	(${ECHO_CMD}  "@ignore_inst bin/${j}${SUFFIX}") >> ${TMPPLIST}
=2Eendfor
=2Eendif

But that doesn't work with the current building process..
Any clue on how to remove files from the plist ?

Other possibilities to fix the plist may be to use a small perl script. Thu=
s,=20
the script could be triggered like this:=20
EXTRA_PATCHES=3D${FILESDIR}/nojava_plist.pl

Beside that, the port is building, installing, and deinstalling without=20
apparent problems.

Thnx,

Etienne