Date:      Sat, 10 Sep 2022 04:53:01 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
Subject:   RE: Default optimization of rust ports

Daniel Engberg <diizzy_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote on
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 09:45:21 UTC :

> Since there is work and general interest regarding optimization would it
> make sense to make LTO and possibly CODEGEN_UNITS=1 opt-out while we
> still have a fairly manageable amount of ports using Rust?

Just making sure I understand the wording:

So, in part, you are requesting that the FreeBSD build servers build
using LTO and CODEGEN_UNITS=1? (Those build servers always use the
defaults as I understand. Thus, the defaults are set to what is
desired for use on the build servers, if I understand right. Other
contexts that happen to want something different override some
default(s): opt out of the defaults.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com