Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 13:31:00 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <garya@ics.com>
To:        Jeffry Komala <jkomala@pioneer.bawel.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Diamond video card

> Does anybody ever encounter a problem with Diamond Stealth 64 PCI
> Graphics 2000 series (DRAM version)?
> If you have one, try run it under 800x600x 16bit resolution and see if
> you encounter a blank screen.
> It happens to me on two different new video cards on three different
> motherboards: a generic 486DX4-100, an Intel Zappa, and a generic
> Triton-based motherboard.
> The cards I am using are the OEM version.

I don't know if this is related; I'm not running X on my freebsd box
right now because I have problems with it hanging (reboot required).
I have a Stealth 64 2001 Video card and when the power saving features
of the monitor are enabled under win95 (I've tried two different
monitors), the monitor *sometimes* refuses to turn back on.  Powering
the monitor off and back on causes the monitor to display a message
about no video signals.  The problem went away when I switched to a
plain Stealth 64 card.

--
Gary Aitken		garya@ics.com		(business)
			garya@dreamchaser.org	(personal)