Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 1997 19:05:47 -0400
From:      Sonya and Jeffrey Metcalf <metcalf@snet.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quest? -- Changing "From:" field from sent mail

Hello,

I would like to use the standard mail command under FreeBSD to send
mail and then use popclient to retrieve e-mail from my ISP's POP3
server.  Popclient works great.  However, when I send mail from the
command line, the return address is listed (as I understand it should)
as the hostname I configured under sysconfig.  This is a fabricated
hostname and my ISP won't recognize it.  Hence the mail I send cannot
be properly responded to by my recipients.  So my question is, can
I configure sendmail in some way that it always lists the response
address of all the mail from all my users as "metcalf@snet.net"
rather than "jeff@dane.snet.net" or "sonya@dane.snet.net", etc.?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JM