Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2022 13:50:05 +1000
From:      George Michaelson <ggm@algebras.org>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Why is freebsd-update telling me 13.0 is EOL? 13.1 isn't visibly even in beta.

I don't understand this response to FreeBSD-update:

Sure. I can read. I know what the words literally mean. But, 2 months
notice of retirement/EOL for a release when FreeBSD13.1 is not out?
This doesn't make sense. 13.1 is due April 13. Thats 2 and a half
months off, and I've seen nothing to suggest I will have the newer
release inside 2 months.

None of the release structure I can see on the web has 13.1 images,
snapshots, or anything to indicate 13.1 is in the offing.

Shouldn't this tell me something?

---
[root@optimal /usr/home/ggm]# freebsd-update fetch
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 2 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 13.0-RELEASE from update1.freebsd.org... done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.
Preparing to download files... done.

No updates needed to update system to 13.0-RELEASE-p6.

WARNING: FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE-p6 is approaching its End-of-Life date.
It is strongly recommended that you upgrade to a newer
release within the next 2 months.
[root@optimal /usr/home/ggm]#
---

-G