Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 18:06:26 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@poeza.iconnect.co.ke>
To:        Jeremy Vandenhouten <jeremy.vandenhouten@marquette.edu>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: user-ppp

* Jeremy Vandenhouten <jeremy.vandenhouten@marquette.edu> [20001011 17:22]:
=>The man page for ppp states:
=>ppp will not run if the invoking user id is not zero.	This
=>     may be overridden by using the ``allow users'' command in
=>     /etc/ppp/ppp.conf.
=>
=>Where exactly do I need to put this (under default?) so other users can
=>use ppp and what exactly do I need to put there?

In the defaults section, or on the label that you've created for them.

default:
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 set device /dev/cuaa0
 set speed 38400
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" AT \
           OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATm1l3DT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
 set log local LCP IPCP CCP
 allow users user1 user2 user3 ...userN

Then you have to add them to the 'network' /etc/group

network:*:69:user1 user2 user3...userN

Hope that helps.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

The moving cursor writes, and having written, blinks on.