Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:48:54 -0700
From:      "Meagan Jia Pi" <meagan@e-lingo.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HELP

Morning, all!

I will try to make it short.

Yesterday I tried to install apache+mysql+php on a 4.4 release machine and a
3.4 release machine. After I cvsup'd the ports trees on
both machine. I successfully installed things okay on the 4.4 machine. But
when I ran make in /usr/ports/www/apache13/ on the 3.3 one, I get the
following message.

393 /usr/ports/www/apache13> make
===>  apache-1.3.12 : Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk. You
need a fresh make world or an upgrade kit. Please go to
http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/ or a mirror site and follow the instructions.

then I ran
/usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 standard-supfile

(what's in standard-supfile)

*default host=cvsup4.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

*default compress

But it failed with the following message:
Updater failed: src/sys/sys/memrange.h: Cannot open: No such file or
directory

Question 1: Did I follow the right procedure to cvsup port tree and source?
Question 2: What's the general practice to keep production freeBSD systems
up to date?

Thanks!
Meagan