Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:39:31 -0700
From:      Fritz Kolberg <fkolberg@primenet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   "make" for custom kernel gets fatal error

Hello,

I'm getting the following error on the "make" of a kernel build:

            cc: internal compiler error:  program cc1 got fatal signal
11
            *** Error code 1

It doesn't seem to matter whether I do the make on my own
kernel (MYKERNEL) or the supplied default kernel (GENERIC).
The first time,  the system ran for about 15 minutes before it got this
error---now it gets it right off the bat (every time).

Additional information:

    o  The system is a freshly installed 2.2.7 (Kernel developer load).

    o  Pentium 166MHz, 64MB, Adaptec 2940U (all I/O is 50-pin SCSI),
         ATI Graphics Pro Turbo 1600.

Thanks in advance.

Fritz Kolberg

PS:  My machine has two 3C905 (not B model) 10/100 ethernet cards
and I was trying to add support for the second card by adding the
following line to the config file:

            device vx1

Is this how it's done?