Date:      Tue, 07 Dec 1999 19:37:12 -0800
From:      intrico@pacbell.net
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Large Hard Disks

I'm letting you know that the install succeeded, after following your
suggestion,
and reducing the /usr partition to approximately 25 GB.  This time through
it
paused for about two minutes with no drive activity saying that it was
"creating filesystems on wd0". Wow. I'm mystified though, as far as the
reasoning
here is concerned. Might there by any chance exist a URL which explains, or
perhaps
something I'm overlooking in "The Complete FreeBSD"? (That way, I might be
able to
avoid a lot of trial and error in getting the /usr partition as large as the
exact
number of megabytes possible, without generating the panic.)

Thank you for helping.