Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2012 22:31:41 +0100
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Simon L. B. Nielsen <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, "doc@FreeBSD.org" <doc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Svn mirror seed has UUID wrong

On 21 Jul 2012, at 21:25, Simon L. B. Nielsen wrote:

> If you don't have a local doc or ports svn mirror you can stop reading =
now.
>=20
> When creating the doc and ports svn mirrors, which the seeds on =
http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/subversion/ are created =
from, I forgot to set the repository UUID to the same as the one on the =
master repositories. This may e.g. cause problems for people using a =
mirror and switching to directly access svn.freebsd.org later.
>=20
> To fix this I have created new seeds for doc and ports. If you have a =
local mirror you can either download the new seed files and use that, or =
just change the uuid on your mirror using svnadmin.
>=20
> [doc]
> Master repo UUID: c2e8774f-c49f-e111-b436-862b2bbc8956
> Fixed seed tar: =
http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/subversion/svnmirror-doc-r3=
9237.tar.xz
> Command to fix a mirror: svnadmin setuuid /home/svn/doc =
c2e8774f-c49f-e111-b436-862b2bbc8956
>=20
> [ports]
> Master repo UUID: 35697150-7ecd-e111-bb59-0022644237b5
> Fixed seed tar:  =
http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/development/subversion/svnmirror-ports-=
r301235.tar.xz
> Command to fix a mirror: svnadmin setuuid /home/svn/ports =
35697150-7ecd-e111-bb59-0022644237b5

Hey,

Sorry, I forgot to mention that any svn checkout from a repository with =
the incorrect UUID will not work with the repository after the UUID has =
been changed.

It's possible svn can be convinced to work with a 'new' repository, =
sorry - I have no idea.

--=20
Simon L. B. Nielsen