Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 15:02:22 +0000 ()
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: "Commissioning" some artwork..

On Fri, 24 Mar 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I'm making a big leap of faith here and assuming that you're not
> already completely and utterly sick of us for nit-picking all of your
> artwork to death (:-),

    All artists I know *love* to have their artwork put under the
microscope, generating comments and new ideas.  Being *ignored* is
their greatest fear.  ;-)

> My idea is that we have the daemon in motion walking OUT of a CD, sort
> of caught halfway out with that trademark smile on his face and one
> sneakered foot poised to set foot into the outside world.  Sort of an
> "Alice through the looking glass" kind of image.

    Model a concentric series of "ripples" moving over the CD surface
where the daemon is emerging, like he is stepping out of a reflective
pool of water.  *That* would be very cool!

> You'd be famous! I unfortunately
> can't promise you that you'd be RICH, too, but we can probably work
> out something to our mutual satisfaction! :-)

    Send him 50 copies of the 2.1 CD-ROM for distribution in Japan?  :)
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org