Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 17:45:48 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        dave howard <onedave@onebox.com>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: JNI error involving mmap

> thanks for the tip.  i had not been compiling with the PIC option as
> you suggest, however doing it that way seems to have no effect on the
> error i'm getting.  any other ideas?

You also need to give the linker a bunch of flags to build a correctly
functioning shlib, but as I said before, someone else may know the magic
incantation.

I'm 99% positive you shared library is in-correct, and -pic as well as a
number of other options must be used to get a correctly function shlib.

You might look in the archives to see if someone posted instructions.  I
seem to remember an example of this somewhere in the archive...

Nate