Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 03:00:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Mike Burgett <mburgett@awen.com>
Cc:        "hardware@freebsd.org" <hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Further K6 testing...

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Mike Burgett wrote:

> If anyone is interested in a copy of the modified 'burnit' script, drop me a
> line and I'll send you a copy...

Sure, fire over a copy.  I'm getting an ASUS TX97E board and a K6-166 chip
for personal testing.  We sell lots of K6-equipped machines, but until now
I have yet to add one to my personal collection of machines.  I'm going to
try it out in the Gigabyte VX board as well, which is pretty much our
'standard' board for production.  I have yet to have a single complaint,
even though the 586VX uses a linear regulator, etc.  I'm considering
switching our base board to the TX97E, but I need to do some severe
thrashing with that configuration first.

Very few of our productions machines likely see anywhere close to the load
that anyone on this list puts on their machine, so I really want to test
this out for myself under at least a few conditions.

Later......						<Doug>