Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:15:10 -0800
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@sftw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        markm@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSEC requires /sys/crypto?

I would like to set up an ESP tunnel between two points on the net. I
can do it with the pipsecd
port, but since KAME has been merged into 4.0-RELEASE, I thought I would
try to build
a kernel with option IPSEC and IPSEC_ESP. Alas, this fails with
dependencies on /sys/crypto
which do not appear to have come with the kernel source.

Where does one get a suitable /sys/crypto for IPSEC for 4.0-RELEASE? Is
this stuff patented
or something? I thought the only remaining US-vs-rest-of-the-world issue
was the SRA
patent (thus International RSA vs RSAREF).