Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 08:59:38 +0200
From:      Rudi Opperman <rudi@askas.co.za>
To:        Kiril Mitev <kiril@ideaglobal.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: how to get rid of PERL ?

Hi

I had a similar problem. perl5.5.2 caused some of my perl mirror jobs to
puke so i installed perl5.4.4 by downloading the tarred/zipped
distribution and installed it by hand (easily done with help from the
questions list). It seemed to fix most problems. I was told that the
orginal errors were caused by the unstability of the latest versions of
perl on bsd (2.2.8 in my case) - hope this helps - even if it is not
what you asked for ;-)

bye
rudi