Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:11:04 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netscape47-communicator.us

Saverio Perugini <sperugin@csgrad.cs.vt.edu> wrote:

> Is the port for netscape47-communicator.us unavailabe due to security
> reasons?

Ever since the USA lifted (or at least reduced) their export
restrictions on crypto, the distinction between US and export
versions of Netscape became meaningless.  Everybody can get the
version with 128-bit SSL crypto now.  The netscape-*.us ports are
obsolete.

> I just cvsuped my ports tree and /usr/ports/www/netscape47-communicator.us
> only contains a README.html file (no Makefile, etc.).

Actually it would have removed the directory completely, but CVSup
doesn't know about README.html, since that file is not in the
repository, and it won't touch files it doesn't know.

> Is my only option to install the package?

Use the port without the ".us" prefix.