Date:      Sun,  9 Jan 2000 06:45:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        jrs@enteract.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linksys ether fast card...working??(how about netgear 410)

> Our pccardc dumpcis information is exactly the same.  I used your
> pccard.conf file and I get the same era apon boot:
>
> pccardd[49]: No card in database for "Linksys"("EtherFast 10/100 PC Card
> (PCMPC100)")
>
> Is there any thing that I should have in my rc.conf or rc.pccard.   Should
> I try to build another kernel??

	the code in pccardd that compares the cis data in the card to
that listed in the database (the file /etc/pccard.conf, unless you
have used the "-f" flag to specify a different file) is very straight
forward:

for (cp = cards; cp; cp = cp->next)
        if (strncmp(cp->manuf, sp->cis->manuf, CIS_MAXSTR) == 0 &&
            strncmp(cp->version, sp->cis->vers, CIS_MAXSTR) == 0)
                        break;
sp->card = cp;
if (cp == 0) {
        logmsg("No card in database for \"%s\"(\"%s\")",
                sp->cis->manuf, sp->cis->vers);
        return;
}

	either your database must have a non-printable character that
is causing the string match to fail, or a tab in place of a space, or
perhaps you are using the "-f" flag to specify a different database.

jmb