Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 10:44:38 +0100
From:      Hostmaster <peter@gcsl.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Fatel trap 12

Greetings,

Iam trying to install 3.1 on a plain DELL server, it starts up on the
two disks fine I go through the kernel via the visual mode remove all
the conflicts and devices I don't have then quit and save. After it has
finished probing EISA then PCI and finding my devices then I get the
following Fatel trap.

Fatel trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address      =  0xefc00000
fault code                    =  supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer        =  0x8:0xf01df645
stack pointer               =  0x10:0f05ebedc
frame pointer               =  0xf05ebedf4
code segment              =  base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                   =  DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags          =  interrupt enable, resume, IOPL = 0
current process           =  0 ( )
interupt mask              =  net tty bio cam
trap number                =  12
panic: page fault
Automatic reboot in 15 seconds.

            Does anyone know what the problem is and what to do about it
?

                        Regards
                                            Peter