Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:00:15 GMT
From:      Chen Zhao <chen@metcomm.net>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/72441: HP Proliant DL380 hangs on reboot with 5.3

The following reply was made to PR i386/72441; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chen Zhao <chen@metcomm.net>
To: Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc: jhb@freebsd.org, freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:55:02 -0500

 \- Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au> stated on
 /-	[Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 07:18:59PM +1100]:

 > Do you have any kld's loaded?  If so, can you see what happens when you
 > avoid loading anything except acpi - that worked for me (though I was
 > using a UP system).

 Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot.  I have:
 # kldstat
 Id Refs Address    Size     Name
  1    4 0xc0400000 3492e0   kernel
  2   14 0xc074a000 5d7f0    acpi.ko
  3    1 0xc35da000 26000    usb.ko

 Unloading usb.ko after it has been loaded does not allow the system to
 reboot normally.  I'll try again w/o loading it to begin with (as soon
 as I can get someone there again).

 Is disabling usbd from rc.conf enough to prevent the loading of usb.ko,
 or is there something I have to set in loader.conf to prevent that?

 Btw, should we continue to cc the gnats system or remove it from any
 future correspondence?

 \_____End_of_Statement_____/