Date:      Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:28:02 +0300
From:      Roman Bogorodskiy <bogorodskiy@inbox.ru>
To:        Alex Kiesel <alex.kiesel@document-root.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vim ignoring configure options

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

 Alex wrote:

> > On a couple of my machines the vim port seems to be ignoring all the co=
nfigure=20
> > options.  For example, I install vim-lite on everything but recent buil=
ds are=20
> > getting linked against X11, building gvim, etc.
> >=20
> > The problem seems to have been introduced with the addition of=20
> > GNU_CONFIGURE=3DYES into the port makefile about 3 weeks ago.  Previous=
ly it=20
> > looks like the configure script was being run by the vim makefile durin=
g the=20
> > build stage.  Now it's being run during the configure stage, and all of=
 the=20
> > options set in MAKE_ARGS are being ignored.
> >=20
> > I reverted back to 1.246 of the port makefile as a local workaround.  A=
nyone=20
> > else noticing this?
>=20
> Well, sort of. About three weeks ago, Syntax highlighting in vim (only
> when invoked by mutt) stopped working. However, I've been to lazy to
> investigate why.

I can confirm both of problems. I have the following lines in my
/etc/make.conf:

=2Eif ${.CURDIR:N*/ports/editors/vim} =3D=3D ""
NO_GUI=3Dyes
WITH_CSCOPE=3Dyes
WITHOUT_X11=3Dyes
=2Eendif

But I have gvim and gvimdiff compiled and installed.=20

To make vim highlight text while composing mails with mutt I had to add
`set editor=3D"vim -c 'set ft=3Dmail'"' to my ~/.muttrc file.=20

-Roman Bogorodskiy

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8

--ibTvN161/egqYuK8--