Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2005 09:28:15 +0000
From:      Robert Slade <bsd@bathnetworks.com>
To:        "freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org" <freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SUN U10 Problems yet again

Hi,

I've been working on a problem with Xwindows on my Sun U10 with creator
graphics and a Sun type 6 KB (UK) with the mouse attached to the
keyboard.

Now, I had the same problem with input device not found (with
6.0-CURRENT) as described in a previous e-mail but not having seen that,
I did a CVSup with TAG=. which gave me 7.0-CURRENT. After the usual
rebuilding etc, I got the same problems with the additional issue of the
console keyboard being incorrectly mapped. However, using SSH I can
still get into the system. The dmesg.boot gives not obvious errors the
keyboard part is:

uart0: <SAB 82532 v3.2, channel A> on puc0
uart0: CTS oflow
uart1: <SAB 82532 v3.2, channel B> on puc0
uart1: CTS oflow
uart2: <16550 or compatible> addr 0x14003083f8-0x14003083ff irq 41 on
ebus0
uart2: keyboard (1200,n,8,1)
kbd0 at sunkbd0
uart3: <16550 or compatible> addr 0x14003062f8-0x14003062ff irq 42 on
ebus0

Trying to startx gave me the locale problem and input device not found
error, but that appears to have been resolved by:

# cd /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/common
# ln -s ../lib/common sparcv9

As suggested.

When I try to start X, I now get:

Detected FFB2+/vertical, Single-buffered.
Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
Symbol __glXgetActiveScreen from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/libdri.a is unresolved!
Symbol GlxSetVisualConfigs from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/sunffb_drv.o is unresolved!

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

I did not get the unresolved symbols before and there is no fixed fount
lib.

I'm not sure what to do now, should I go back to 6.0-CURRENT, if so what
TAG should I use, or is there some way of fixing the font and keyboard
problem?

Thanks
Rob