Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 18:07:48 -0500
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multiple News servers as one server?

I have been pondering as to whether a cluster of FreeBSD boxen would be
able to run INN (or whatever other FreeBSD news server) and be
effective. I would assume that all the machines would have enough hard
drive space for a single server, but RAM might have to be capped at
256M. Any thoughts? I have seen the Metacomputing site that was posted
sometime back and this has got me thinking: My ISP wants a fast news
server, and they don't want to run Solaris. They have plenty of PC-based
multi-PII systems. I'm 18 and could sure use a job...
--

Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>