Date:      Fri, 05 Dec 1997 00:20:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
To:        A James Lewis <james@vrtx.net>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AHA-2930 with Linux?

On 04-Dec-97 A James Lewis wrote:

>Strange, it's either terminated or not, one would assume that the driver
>simply doesn't handle the autoterm setting correctly any more, although
>I'm not sure that's true....

The old vesion of the driver didn't attempt to set the termination on the
card (it simply left it alone) where as the new version of the driver checks
the card registers for the presence of cables and then sets the termination
accordingly.  Usually this is fine, but I suspect that certain cable
configurations are causing problems.

>How do I determin what state the termination is in cause I cant get into
>the BIOS without changing the monitor...

Boot with the command aic7xxx=verbose passed in on the lilo command prompt,
then once the machine is up and running, you can check dmesg to see what the
driver had to say about your termination, presence of any cables, and the
resulting state the termination was set to.

E-Mail: Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Date: 05-Dec-97
Time: 00:20:34