Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 1995 19:00:07 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <cimaxp1!jb@werple.net.au>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jb@cimlogic.com.au
Subject:   Hyperactive time

G'day,

I've got a _real_ special 2.0.5R system here. The more I compile, the faster
the time goes. Good grief! Is the system trying to tell me something? No,
I'm _not_ joking. I heard of real time, but this is crazy.

Any idea what I could've done to the thing to cause this?

I tried deleting the /etc/wall_clock_thingy, then I commented adjkerntz out
of /etc/rc, but nothing seems affect it.

When I boot the system, it starts at the bios time. It's OK for a while
then whooooosh......

Could it be seeing the xntpd packets that OSF/1 puts out?

--
John Birrell                                CIMlogic Pty Ltd
jb@cimlogic.com.au                          119 Cecil Street