Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 1997 22:28:24 +1030 (CST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkenn@bns.com.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   xdm disallowing keyboard input

I'm trying to get xdm working on my 2.2-REL..added it to the end of
rc.local in the form "xdm", and it seems to start the X server fine when
I boot, I get a login window as I should, but it does not let me enter
anything from the keyboard..all I can do is ctrl-alt-del and reboot.

At the end of the xdm.errors file (after the X startup output) is the
following:

xdm error (pid 151): Unknown session exit code 256 from process 155
xdm info (pid 151): Rescanning both config and servers files
xf86CloseConsole: KDDISABIO failed (Inappropriate ioctl for device)

Can anyone help shed some light onto this problem?

Thanks,

Kris

|| ,-./\ Kris Kennaway || "Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead. Dead.   ||
||/     \              ||  Dead. Dead. Dead. How can you apologize to them?" ||
||\_,-*_/ kkenn@       || "I..can't" "Then how can I forgive?"               ||
||     v    bns.com.au || - G'Kar and Vir, "Comes the Inquisitor", Babylon 5 ||