Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 21:34:23 -0400
From:      Daemon <daemon@ircee.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recovering ufs after fat games

  I'm having the same problem ... followed the instructions at http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/install.html#WIN95-DAMAGED-BOOT-MANAGER and did "Fixit# fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 ad0" from the 4.6 CD "live filesystem".  Now on reboot I get
F3 = DOS
F4 = FREEBSD

  If I choose "F4" I get nothing but a beep.  If I choose "F3" it boots into windows.  Any suggestions?

Respectfully,

Mark

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 19:19:41 +0200
Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com> wrote:

>   On Sep 16 at 11:22, Lowell Gilbert spoke:
>
> > There are several listed, but i was thinking of:
> >
> >    Fixit# fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 bootdevice
> >
> >        substituting bootdevice for your real boot device such as ad0 (first
> >        IDE disk), ad4 (first IDE disk on auxiliary controller), da0 (first
> >        SCSI disk), etc.
> >
> > in particular.
>
> I'll use this one next time.
>
> > Section 3, "Installation", includes the question
> > "Windows 95/98 killed my boot manager! How do I get it back?"
>
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> -Hanspeter

The FoxSurfer Group
Admin	FoxSurfer.Com