Date:      Sat, 1 May 1999 01:14:45 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rsync from ftp sites failing

I've been unable to get rsync to work for quite some time.  I
either get "connect refused" or "Operation timed out"

For example:

# rsync -av --stats ftp.internat.freebsd.org::pub/freebsd/2.2.8-RELEASE
  /pub/ftp/pub/temp

failed to connect to ftp.internat.freebsd.org - Operation timed out

# rsync -av --stats ftp.freebsd.org::pub/freebsd/2.2.8-RELEASE
     /pub/ftp/pub/temp
failed to connect to ftp.freebsd.org - Connection refused

What am I doing wrong?  Does anyone have a working sample for me please?

The man page says both sites need to have rsync installed.  Is that
what's going wrong??

cheer.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited