Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 1997 20:19:47 -0800
From:      Duane Ellison <Duane@QNet.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Xpaint + Xfig = core dump

Hello all,

I really hate to ask a stupid question and I am sure this is an easy one
but I seem to have a problem trying to run both the xpaint and xfig
packages on my 2.1.6-RELEASE machine.  Now the problem probably has
something to do with the fact that I am running the XInside accelerated
X server and the CDE V 1.0.10.  My install was a basic installation off
the 2.1.6 CDROM (no X stuff).  I then did a full install of the CDE and
then the accelerated X server.  After that I loaded some of the
packages. Most of the other stuff works (like xvile, xcoral and all the
CDE applications) but I get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" when the
programs are run.  xfig will actually display the window and go through
the startup procedure before it dies.

I thought it might be because I was only using the X runtimes off of the
CDE CDROM.  I did a /stand/sysinstall and manually installed XFree off
of the 2.1.6-RELEASE CDROM.  Now there may be a flaw with this plan and
actually there was, the CDE broke and wouldn't work correctly after I
did that.

To get my machine working I installed the CDE again.

Oh I also installed all the required packages listed on the FreeBSD web
site but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Again I am probably missing something very simple.  Any ideas and help
would be appreciated!  Thanks...

Duane...
	Duane's Reloading Site
	http://www.av.qnet.com/~duane/index.html