Date:      Wed, 08 Apr 2015 08:32:13 -0400
From:      Daniel Corbe <corbe@corbe.net>
To:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Socket bound to 0.0.0.0 never receives broadcasts with non-zero IP source address

If nobody answers this question by the time I get home I'll try and
help; however, in the mean time I do have a couple of suggestions.

Have you tried writing the equivalent program in C using the sockets
API?  IE is this a python specific problem or a sockets problem in
general?

The second thing is you may just want to try using raw sockets instead.

-Daniel