Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:16:39 +0300
From:      "Ertan Kucukoglu" <ert@hotpop.com>
To:        <kostia@obninsk.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD" <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Internet resource sharing (was: (no subject))

70849
----- Original Message -----
From: <kostia@obninsk.com>
To: <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 1:57 PM

I have computer on which there is Freebsd  it works as router
How can I  prorate Internet traffic between several users ?

e-mail: kostia@obninsk.com
e-mail: kostya@obninsk.net

 icq 17067364
Programing | Linux Admin | Unix Admin
                 www.obninsk.net

-----

Hello,

Please, use simpe text in your messages not rich text format.
Most of the people do not use graphic based mail programs
such as Microsoft Outlook Express 5.0 :)

I suggest you to use a proxy server. They reduce the bandwith usage
well about 35%.

I am using squid proxy server. It's just fine for me although my
connection is dial-up ppp. You can find it in ports collection.
The main site is http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/. Also you can
share your resources per user (or group) base.

You may also use GATEWAY option in FreeBSD. This also
shares internet resources. But I have little informatin about it
so ask to the one who can reply your questions.

Regards,

Ertan Kucukoglu
ert@hotpop.com