Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 1999 22:48:02 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Pekka Savola <pekkas@netcore.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Deleting a directory on ext2fs crashed the system

On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Pekka Savola wrote:

> Btw, are there any good ext2 fsck tools?  I'm using the ones from Linux
> with emulation, but there are some unimplemented system calls or such.

The current (?) version of the standard ext2fs tools
(e2fsprogs-1.17.tar.gz) builds after a 1-line change and worked almost
perfectly in -current until block devices were removed last month.
mke2fs must be invoked with "-O none" because the default is set
unsafely to "-O filetype,sparse" and FreeBSD's ext2fs doesn't understand
ext2fs extensions at all (it panics in readdir() for filesystems
created with the "filetype" extension).

Bruce