Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 14:59:44 +0700 (GMT+0700)
From:      Kaiwan Hongladaromp <kaiwan@inet.co.th>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   squid doc on fixing FreeBSD.. is this neccessary?

Hi..

I was scanning  Squid's document and it mentions some things need to
be done on FreeBSD's kernel and env. you can see the doc at URL:
http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-14.html#ss14.2

in summary it has 3 points
1. bug in T/TCP (TCP extenstion)
2. dnsserver performance problem that can be fixed by the supplied patched
or increase MSIZE.
3. NIS

can anyone comfirm if this is all fixed? I'm not using FreeBSD for web
proxy right now but most of our core servers are running FreeBSD. I'd just
want to make sure that they are all performing at best.

Regards,