Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 1999 14:58:46 GMT
From:      steven@shellnet.com (Steven Fletcher)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Broken PS/What's going on?

I attempted to add a user today to our WWW3 machine. Do to the /
partition being full by accident, we got the following error:

Apr 30 15:14:19 www3 /kernel: pid 14922 (pwd_mkdb), uid 0 on /: file
system full

=46rom this point on, "ps" dosen't work. We just get:=20

ps: bad namelist

Also:=20

bash# uptime
uptime: /dev//umount: /apache: not currently mounted
umoun: No such file or directory
uptime: /dev//t: /cdrom: not currently mounted
umount: /pr: No such file or directory
uptime: /dev//currently mounted
umount: /usr: not currentl: No such file or directory
uptime: /dev//y mounted
: No such file or directory
 3:57PM  up 8 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.13, 0.11, 0.05

Users can still login, and things like Apache still work. We just
*can't* find out where this problem is happening. I've tried recompiling
the kernel, recompiling ps with it, and it just errors the same.

Can anyone please tell me what's going on?

Thanks;

Steven Fletcher - steven@shellnet.co.uk
       Shellnet - http://www.shellnet.com