Date:      Sat, 4 Oct 1997 23:30:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc M. LaFerrera" <mml@sunlink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP!??!?!

Hello, I am having alot of problems. Hopefully you will be able to help
me. First, I can't mount my linux partition from FreeBSD. Everytime I do:
mount -t ext2fs /dev/wd0s1 /mnt
I get, :
mount: ext2fs filesystem unsupported
or something along those lines. I have the book "The complete FreeBSD"
distributed by walnut creek cdrom. But it says nothing what so ever bout
this. How do I add ext2fs support into my kernel? And, I know I shouldn't
ask you this next question, but, you never know. I have the same problem
with linux. I can't mount my BSD partition from linux. what would the fs
type be? And how can I add support for the fs type?

And, problem number 2. I have a Iomega Zip drive (Paralelle SCSI). It is
very simple to get it working in Linux. But I haven't the slightest idea
how to even get FreeBSD to know it exists. How can I make FreeBSD notice
it?

Problem number 3. I am on a regular analog line. 56k motorola modem surfr.
Once again, getting ppp to work in linux is very simple. I can get FreeBSD
to dial out using pppd and connect. It will assign me a dynamic IP and
everything. Except, the only problem is, whenever I try to connect to a
remote host or do anything other then connect to localhost, I get "unknown
host". I've tried everything I know of. I have edited /etc/resolv.conf to
the correct NS's and a few other things. But everything I seem to do
doesn't work. Any ideas of what can be wrong?

I know these may seem like lame questions. But I am very new to FreeBSD. I
have been with linux for quiet a while and kinda got used to it.
Here is some information about my system if it helps you any:

OS: FreeBSD 2.2.2
RAM: 24mb
HD: 1 maxtor 2.0GB (IDE)
    1 Samsung 2.1GB (IDE)
CDROM: ATAPI IDE 6x

Thanx for all your help in advance.

        "Depression is just ther obvious solution for
                        putting things aside"

                 mml@sunlink.net
                 http://www.sunlink.net/~mml