Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2006 20:34:41 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install docs oddity

Hello guys,

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 05:43:09AM -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:

> I'm surprised that we haven't noticed this sooner ...

In fact, I have. It was fairly annoying at the time too, because I had a
somewhat slower machine, so it really cost time. Since then, I made it a
habit to use the "NO_SUBDIR=yes" env var when installing from the doc
tree. This is AFAIR due to the fact that there are really two functions
defined in two places (two files) that do the same thing (iterate over
the subdirs) but run independently from each-other. (One seems to be in
bsd.subdir.mk, the other probably in bsd.subdir.mk, but I am not entirely
sure) So, we need to get rid of one of them after a taking a long hard
look so that nothing breaks. (The one in doc.subdir.mk seems to be used
for building doc packages for the ftp server.)

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Budapest